Monday 14 March 2016

Crossfit log for Friday evening, March 11th: 16.3 take two

So i went back to Crossfit for the 4pm class. Kiza was doing 16.3 and i was going to judge her. So i figure since i wouldn't be doing any Crossfit until Wednesday, i should give it one more go.

Everyone was practicing, trying to get a bad muscle up. So i started stretching and rolling my lats, then doing some kip swings to loosen things up.

Then i started trying. Coming really close. Coach gave me some new pointers: the covers strike, basically, at the point of full extension on the forward swing, collapse into hollow body and push down on the bar really fast, like a cobra strike, then transition over the bar. The other pointer i for from the video on the Crossfit site was top stay tight in the kip.

Having all those people cheering and watching must have made a difference. I suddenly found myself onto of the bar, with my first ever muscle up, but ironically, nobody noticed, 20 some people, and they were all looking away at that moment.

It was my best one too, as i went on to get a few more, those were all one arm first, or chicken leg, as they call them, but they still counted

Finally after getting 2 in practice i just started the WOD. We had an ongoing timer and at 31 minutes i told Kiza i was starting, i did my 10 snatches and proceeded to work on getting 3 muscle ups. Took a lot of work but at 6 minutes and 7 seconds in, i got my third, ran to the bar for 10 more snatches, and with 15 seconds to go, i somehow managed 1 final muscle up.

I was pretty stoked. I'd been so close for so long.

Final score: 24.

They need work, but i got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment