Monday 7 March 2016

Crossfit log for Monday, March 7th: 16.2 Take two

I take it back.  Crossfit Open 16.2 isn't such a complicated workout, as it is complicated to explain.

- 25 toe to bar
- 50 double unders
- 15 squat cleans at 135#

Since I didn't finish this in the 4:00 cap, there is no need to explain further.

Much better showing than last time.  Used a pull up bar with tape instead of those useless leather grips.  Hands didn't rip at all. 

Did the toes to bar in sets of 5 until 15 then a variety of triples, doubles  and singles for the last 10. 

Double unders went better too.  3 or 4 sets.  Was headed to the barbell at 3:00 instead of the lousy 3:40 from Friday

Did the first 3 touch and go, and should have done more that way.  The seconds just bleed at that point, every rep is like 8 seconds.  So my extra 40 seconds bought me exactly 5 extra reps.  7 short of round 2.

Not very happy with it, but that's was as well executed as I could.  I look forward to hitting it again next year to see if I can improve.  

Toes to bar were the weak link for sure.  Might have saved a bit on the double unders, but not much. 

Oh well, done is done.  On to 16.3

No comments:

Post a Comment