Tuesday 1 March 2016

Crossfit log for Tuesday, March 1st

Frustration with 16.1 is still simmering but at least I had a physio appointment yesterday, we abandoned my hips, which are much better now, but not the weakest link and changed focus to my shoulders and thoracic mobility.

Got some new drills and stretches.  Also abandon the shoulder stability drills with the overhead hanging kettle bell carries in favour of one arm overhead carries, locked out with rib cage pulled down. 

Focus on position first, stability later.

I got a new version of bretzel with dumbbell.  It's a killer.

So I'll work on that for the foreseeable future, unless something else breaks.

Today again, I seem to have forgotten to set my alarm but thankfully woke up with barely enough time to make it to the gym.

It was a pretty good workout.  I missed the warm up and jumped right in to the thrusters.

5 sets of 10.  Ugh.  Started with 95# which I wasn't going to count, but ended up counting.  Then 105#, 115# and 125#.  After that I was spent, so even with the 95# it was still only 4 sets.  Meh.

Quads were not happy, still recovering from the lunges I guess.

The WOD was 3 rounds for time of :
- row 250m
- 21 box jumps
- 15 push ups
- 9 toes to bar

Started on the box jumps since there weren't enough rowers, so go to finish with a row. Yay.

Did the box jumps systematically, with a few step ups in there when fatigued, to get things going.

Push ups I broke up 5, 5, 5 the first round, 8, 5, 2 the second and 9, 6 the last.

Toes to bar, I strung 5 reps then staying on the bar, reset my hands and did the last 4.  Second round I did 7 before losing the kip and resetting, still stayed on the bar.  Last round I came of the bar at 5 and the did 4.

The row sucked. Kept running out of steam at 200m and coasted most of the last 50.

Finished in 14:19.  Meh.  It was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment