Tuesday 19 January 2016

Strength and Endurance log for Tuesday, January 19th

Finally followed through on my unspoken commitment to run tabata once a week.  Man it sucked.

Arrived at the Y and didn't even look at the squat rack.

Hopped on the thread mill and ran for 5 or 6 minutes at a 6:00/km (ish, 6 mph, stupid treadmills).

Then I ramped up the incline to 10%, and the speed to 7.2 mph (5:11/km) and did the first or 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest.  Felt pretty easy.

Bumped the speed to 7.3 mph (5:06/km).  This was a mistake, by round 4 I was back down to 7.2 and really wanting to drop it more, but I refused.

Definitely took an extra second or two before starting to run on the last 3 rounds, but to make up for it I ran 25 seconds on the last one.

Almost coughed up a lung.

So the plan is to endure 10 minutes of torture, once a week, on Tuesdays, and Thursday, or Friday do a 2km time trial on the rower, and see how close to 7:00 I can get.

I will continues this at least until the Open starts. (Which reminds me I need to register).

After I recovered enough to change my shoes,  I got on the platform for  some front squats.  They did 3 sets of 5 today at Crossfit, while I slept, so I did that.

It seemed so heavy.  So I worked up to a heavy single, and really struggled to stand up 275#.

Then I peeled back to 225# and really struggled to get that 5th rep each time.  In fact, the 3 sets was only 4 reps.  It was poo.  But I worked hard, and will be better for it.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment