Monday 4 January 2016

Crossfit log for Monday, January 4th

Perfect workout for the first day back and first workout of the year.

Coach was a bit late thanks to the crummy weather that finally reared its ugly head, so we didn't have time for the full strength work.

The warm up was a 6 minute cycle of 15 air squats, 10 empty bar thrusters and 5 strict pull ups.

Strength work was overhead squats for 2 heavy reps.  We were rushed, so I did a double at 115# and used the rest of the time to change shoes and hit the bathroom.

The WOD was a partner WOD, but we were 5, so the girl went together and I shadowed the boys team.  Mike and Dave are a bit weaker than I am at most stuff, so Coach Alex said I could work as long as Mike was working, meaning if I finished a station before him I could move to the next even if he wasn't there yet.

Eek.  Wasn't sure about that.

As it turned out there wasn't time.  The WOD was a for time, share the reps:

- 2 rope climbs
- 30 snatches  115#/75#
- 4 rope climbs
- 30 clean and jerks
- 4 rope climbs
- 30 thrusters
- 2 rope climbs.

We did women's Rx.   I might have gotten ahead of them but their rope was marked a couple of feet lower than the other two and for some reason they only did 1 climb each for the two middle sets, whereas I did 2.

But it was good.  It would have been a killer if Kamil had been there, I would have died keeping up with him.

I had enough rest, the bar was light enough that I was strong to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment