Monday 25 January 2016

Olympic lifting, physio and accessory log for Monday, January 25th

Went to the Y with the aim of not working too hard.

Started with accessory work.  Did some Romanian deadlifts, a warm up set at 185# for 8 reps and a working set at 225# for 5.  Was losing my grip at the end.

Then I worked on my split jerk from the rack.  Need to work my way to 225# to match my clean.

Made it up to 205# pretty solidly, but I was getting fatigued, so moved on

I did my physio homework, laterally separating my ankles while holding a yoga block between my knees. It's torture but I'm already able to hold for 15 seconds where before I couldn't make it to 10.

Doing that reminded me of my tight aductors, so I tried the equivalent of RDL in the lateral plane, so holding a 45# plate in one hand, I'd lean to one side, trying to keep my torso and pelvic fixed, taxing one aductor, stretching under tension, like RDLs do for the hamstrings.

Sure felt like it was working, I'll try doing those either on RDL day (might as well fry my legs completely) or if that gets to be too much, on row day.

We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment