Monday 18 January 2016

Strength and accessory log for Monday, January 18th

First day back at the Y since the Disney trip.

Wasn't sure what to do, so when in doubt, squat.

So I started with back squats.  The bar on my traps wasn't fun, but I managed a heavy single of 295#.

Then I moved on to push press.  I hadn't done any overhead work since my jerk PR, so I worked up to a heavy single at 185# and that felt pretty good.

Then I did some rows.  I decided to restart the cycle and went back to 5 sets of 5, but I decided to start at 145# instead of 135#.  Maybe a mistake, but I managed to get the work in.  The last couple of reps didn't have full range of motion, so maybe 135# would have been better.

Then I hit the steam room and called it a day.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment