Thursday 28 January 2016

Endurance and accessory log for Thursday, January 28th

Had little time to go to the Y, but I really wanted to put in my 2km time trial on the rower.

So I hurried to get there, and jumped right into it.

Managed a good performance, with some encouragement from Dave, especially in the last 1000m.

Managed 7:52.  Maybe a better rower, maybe my endurance is getting better, maybe I was better rested.  Don't know, but whatever the reason, it was way better than last weeks 8:12.

My best is from May 2015 where I went 7:51, so not bad at all!

I held sub 1:50/500m well into the 700m-800m range.  Then I just held on for dear lift, got back under 2:00/500m in the last 500m.

Collapsed on the floor afterwards.  Man that was tough.

Once I recovered, I did some RDLs and dumbbell rows.

RDLs I did on set of 8 at 185# and a working set at 225# for 5.  Used straps.

Dumbbell rows, did warm up set of 8 each side at 75# and a working set of 6 at 100#.

I forgot to do the aductor version of the RDLs, but I've already done that this week, I can wait until next week for that.

I need to switch it up so that the barbell rows aren't on the same day as the rowing time trial.  So I'll do those on tabata run day, and the RDLs.

No comments:

Post a Comment