Wednesday 20 January 2016

Crossfit log for Wednesday, January 20th

I think that Advil I had before going to bed made all the difference. 

When I went to bed, I totally didn't think I would go, but when my alarm went off, I didn't feel too bad and I wanted to take lunch time off, so I forced myself out of bed and didn't regret it one bit.

The warm up was 5 minutes of 6 pull ups, 9 empty bar thrusters and 12 glute bridges.  Made it through 3 rounds.

Skills work was a clean and jerk complex. 
- power clean+push jerk+clean+split jerk  every 90 seconds for 8 rounds

Kept changing my mind about whether and how to increase the weight, even during the workout. 

Ended up doing 145#, 145#, 145#, 155#, 155#, 155#, 155#,165#

Was getting pretty tired at the end.

The WOD was no fun.

5 rounds of
- 12 wall balls
- 12 burpees.

Instructions were to go fast.  Well I only have one speed for burpees and it isn't fast.

Coach also said, scale the wall balls so they were at most 2 sets even at the end.

So I figured the burpees would suck anyway, I'd focus on the wallballs and go unbroken at Rx, 20lbs med ball .

That's exactly how it went down.  I go slow and steady on the burpees, taking 2 or three good breaths at the bottom before hurrying up to the top and back down for more rest, then zoom through the wall balls.

I was still last, but by only 55 seconds with a 10:57.  Happy with that.  Well paced.  And it's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment