Friday 22 January 2016

Crossfit log for Friday, January 22nd

After missing two days of Crossfit, I went this morning ready to work hard.

The warm up had us sweating off the bat.

12 minute EMOM alternating 30 seconds double under, 30 seconds recover-transition + 30 row for calories, 30 seconds recover/transition

After that we did back squats for 3 triples.  I was aiming for 245#, but working with Kamil, he was doing 185#, adding 25# plates brought me to 235#, so I decided to go with that but not use my belt and tax the core stability.

This was quite challenging. I'm glad I did it.  Reminded me that sometimes, doing work without the belt is a good thing.

I had a good strategy going into the WOD. It was a similar format to Open WOD 12.5

9 minute AMRAP of:
- clean and jerk 135#/95#
- toes to bar

increasing reps each round 3-6-9-12-15-18-....

My strategy was to do women's Rx on the bar, to keep moving and do the t2b in sets of 3. No matter what.

It still fell apart after the round of 12, but I was steady throughout until my grip went on the 15 clean and jerks.

Made 4 rounds + 14 reps.  That's 44 clean and jerks and 30 toes to bar.  Happy with that.   





After that I did my physio homework and left walking funny. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment