Saturday 16 January 2016

Crossfit log for Saturday, January 16th

Finally back at Crossfit.  And a Saturday.  If I'm working out on the weekend you know there's a good reason.

Aside from that little half Marathon last Saturday, I haven't worked out onces in 11 days.  Going slightly crazy.  At least Disney World distracted me enough to keep my sanity.

I used my Nano shoes to walk around Disney World, so I needed a new pair, but didn't have time to buy any.  When I looked up the workout, it was team DT, perfect, lifters would do perfectly.

And if scaled properly, would be a perfect workout to return with.

I wasn't wrong.  I did women's Rx, 105# and work with a guy named John I had never met.  Young guy.

It was nice to be the stronger athlete.  He didn't struggle much, but definitely more than I did.  I suspect he hasn't been at it very long.  He's pretty fit but his technique isn't quite there.

The WOD was 10 rounds of DT, alternating exercises. so one partner did the deads, then the other did the cleans, then back to the first partner for the jerks, then vice versa.

Team DT 10 rounds for time:
- 12 dead lifts
- 9 hang power cleans
- 6 power jerks

partners alternate stations  155#/105#

We finished in 13:24.  very respectable.  Everything unbroken, kept the bar moving.

I did take my time a couple of places, I was a bit worried about John, because I he was slower, I was getting a bit more rest and was not struggling as much. So I'd chalk my hands after his set was done instead of during, or I'd exaggerate the deadlifts motions to take a bit more time.

It worked out.  It was a good first time back workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment