Wednesday 16 December 2015

Workout log for Wednesday, December 16th

Too sleepy to get out of bed this morning.  So I really had to get to the Y at lunch.  I also had an appointment this morning, so I got in late and made my Y visit short as a consequence.

Quickly go into the Skills portion of today's WOD: Work up to 1 heavy set of clean complex with jerk:  high hang clean + hang clean + clean + jerk.

Did 95#, 135#, 155# and 185#.  The jerk wasn't pretty on the last one, but the cleans were solid. 

I was going to try the WOD which was a 21-15-9 of cleans and ring dips, completely doable at the Y with my rings.  But I didn't know how long that would take me and I realized it was Wednesday and I was supposed to do my row strength development work I started last week.

So I got set up on the row pulley machine, warmed up at 105#, supinated grip rows.

Then I upped it to 140# for the first of 3 sets of 5.  Went well, on the last set I upped it to 150#.  I think that would have been too much for 3 sets, but as the last set it was okay.  Next time I'll do 155# for 5 triples.

Then I called it a day and hit the showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment