Thursday 10 December 2015

Strength, accessorty and physio log for Thursday, December 10th

This morning's trip to the physio exposed some new issues.  Yay.

Since my lower back was still experiencing discomfort in some positions, he checked my hip mobility and found an imbalance.

Sitting with feet dangling, hold a pencil between your knees.  If you can do that without your aductors cramping, you already ahead of me.

Then move your feet away from each other, sideways, you should be able to create a gap of 40 plus centimetres.  I can manage only 21cm.  My hip muscles don't feel that this is a worthwhile endeavour.

So after some acupuncture I was given some drill to activate the hip rotators.  I did those at lunch at the Y after my strength and accessory work.

Started with back squats.  Needed to lift heavy.  Got up to 305# and tried 315# once again, and again I couldn't get out of the hole.  Meh.  305# is still good. Likely 310# would've made it up.

Then I did some RDLs, a set of 8 at 95# and a set of 8 at 135#.  I think I can start to go heavier on these.  I'll wait to see how I feel in two days before making that decision.

After that I did the hip drills and finished up with the All-Fours-Breathing drill. 

Just keep chipping away at the weaknesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment