Tuesday 5 November 2013

Crossfit log for Tuesday, November 5th

Morning Crossfit after evening Olympic lifting isn't so enjoyable.

I guess it wasn't that bad, but right now I'm feeling it.

Thankfully strength was arms.  Worked to find 10 rep max push press. Had to be touch and go, no pausing on the shoulders, although you could pause overhead.

Oddly enough Luke was my partner again this morning.

Did empty bar, 65#, 75#, 95# and finally 115#.  Tried 135# but only made 3 reps before calling it quits.

Then we did something I had been wanting to try for a long time: max reps of pull ups.  I was really nervous.  I'm pretty good a kipping pull ups, so I was expecting to do well.  Others started going, some are just new at it, some tried the butterfly pull ups which is faster and more efficient but difficult to master.

Marc-Andre, one of the young studs did 30, butterfly.  Most of the others were in the 8 to 12 range.  I was one of the last to go.  I managed 33.  I nailed my chin on the before last one, if not for that I'm sure I could've done 3 or 4 more.

It's a good number.  I have a target to beat now.

The WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP of:
- 5 dead lifts 185#
- 8 push ups
- 11 box jumps  24" box.

I managed 5 full rounds + 15 reps.  Dead lifts slowed me down the most.  Feeling the box jumps in my legs after last night's workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment