Friday 8 November 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, November 8th

I should have stayed in bed.

Part one:  4 rounds to establish max weight for
- one length of gym farmer carry, 1 minute rest
- weighted dips 5 reps. 1 minute rest

Part two:  4 rounds to establish max weight for:
- one length of gym (12 steps) front rack axle walking lunges, 1 minute rest
- weighted pull ups, 2 reps.  1 minute rest

WOD:
7 minute amrap 
# reps = # rounds  (round 1, 1 rep, round 2, 2 reps, etc...)
-handstand push ups
-clean and jerk 135#

The farmer carry bars are 25# each. To keep the things balanced you have to put 4 plates of equal weight on.  front and back left, front and back right. On my first round had 35# plates, so 95# each side. Marageable.

Round 2 they added four 25# places. Yeah that's an extra 100#, that's 90#, not happening.  So for round 2, I peeled of the 25# and added 10# plates. 230#, much more manageable. 

On the last one I added four 5# plates to make it 250# total, 125# each side.

First set of dips was with a 12kg kettle bell chained to my waist.  Not too bad.
Jumped to 20kg and did all 5, last one was rough, but I got it. Tried for 24kg on the last set, but could barely get one rep.  Called it quits,  time was running out.

It went downhill from there.

Lunches with the axle at 80# in the front rack position were horrible and with a 12kg kettle bell I could only muster 2 pull ups, so I didn't try further, we had to get ready for the WOD.

Which sucked.  Hand stand push ups were okay, the first rounds were very low rep, but I had trouble cleaning the 135# bar.  Jerking it was worse, couldn't brace my upper back. It was just horrible, I think I finished 4 rounds, or maybe during the 4 clean and jerks, I bailed with about a minute to go.

I just felt weak.   Maybe I really need this massage I'm getting today.  Or maybe I'm coming down with something.  Or maybe I just need a good night's sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment