Friday 15 November 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, November 15th

Really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

I have to remember that I'll feel much better once I'm at the gym.  I forced myself  up and out.  It was cold and dark but I had work to do.

The strength portion was another multi-part affairs with 60 seconds rest between stations 3 times through:
- close grip bench press  8 reps  (95#, 115#, 135#)
- strict pull ups (chest to bar to failure, or regular min 5 reps)
- paralet shoot throughs (don't ask)  5 reps
- feet elevated ring rows 8 reps

Wasn't what I'd call fun but I did it. The last set of bench press at 135# was rough.

The WOD was a crazy Fran variation:
500m row (cash in)
21 thrusters 95#
4 rope climbs
15 thrusters 95#
3 rope climbs
9 thrusters 95#
2 rope climbs

Scaled was 75# and 1 fewer rope climbs each round.  I'm a strong rope climber, and I've committed to doing Fran at Rx next time, so I couldn't scale it, I had to go for it.

It was really hard, and too me forever, but I'm glad I did it.  Thruster off the rower suck. There's no two ways about it.  There was just no recover.  Every thruster was a fight, every rope climb a challenge.

Time 17:55

Glad I got out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment