Friday 29 November 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, November 29th

Linda. 

Again.  This is what I wrote on November 1st, last time we did Linda:

You know those days where you go to the gym and have a good tough workout and feel energized and ready to face the day.

Yeah well that didn't happen today.
Linda is a brutal, draining, work horse WOD

I was planning on starting my nutritional supplement program for today's workout but didn't get to it.

I wish I had, a pre-WOD supplement might have helped

Linda: 10 rounds (reps were: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) 
- dead lifts 1.5 times body weight
- bench press, body weight
- clean, 0.75 body weight

There was no 30 minute cap this time, get through it.

I scaled thing differently this time, but I still ended up stopping at 30 minutes. Making it to the end of round 6.

I went heavier on the dead lifts (205# instead of 185#), heavier on the bench, (145# instead of 135#), but lighter on the cleans, (125# instead of 135#)

Dead lifts were okay, but on the seventh round, my back was sore and I didn't want to do even 4 dead lifts.

Bench was a mistake, but one I'm glad I made.  On the fourth round, I couldn't make the last of 7 reps.  So I dropped the weight to 105# (just the way the barbell math worked for me and my partner, Peter), but I did 33 reps at 145#, so I'm happy with that.

Cleans were fine, but my back was getting sore from the dead lifts.

So all in all I feel I did better than last time.   Even though I'd like to complete this workout, I sincerely hope not to see it on the board any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment