Monday 25 November 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, November 25th

I don't know if its the extra mobility work I've been doing since my last physio appointment, or the salt water bath the Nordik Spa on Friday morning, but for the first time in I don't know how long I didn't feel sore and defeated going into this morning's workout.

5:30 am on a Monday isn't usually the time to feel energized and empowered, but that was me, today.

We started with 5 sets of :
2 split jerks, rest 1:30
5 front squats, rest 1:30

Weight was 70%-75% of max cleans and jerk. I opted for 135#, right in the middle of 70%(130#) and 75%(139#).  Felt good.  I failed to lock out a couple of jerks, but at that weight was able to press them out overhead.

Felt pretty good in the overhead position, so I guess the mobility work is helping.

Front squats at 135# were fine.

Next was 4 sets of 4 deficit dead lifts, standing on a 25# plate, I did two sets at 185#, but coach said I was rounding my back at the bottom.  I gave it one more try but right away he said no.  So I redid set 3 and did set 4 from the floor.

The workout was devious, looked tough but manageable on the board, but once I got started, holy crap!

8 min AMRAP, increasing reps each round (2, 4, 6, 8...)
- squat cleans  115#
- burpees

The plan was go hard on the burpees, take my time on the cleans.  Well, I didn't have a choice.  Getting up from the cleans got really difficult, really quickly.

Made it through the 2 first rounds and was only 2 minutes in,  this was going to be long!  The 6 cleans on round 3 really slowed me down, so the burpees went well. Made it through the 10 cleans of round 5 but only had time for 4 burpees.

Score 4 rounds + 14 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment