Tuesday 12 November 2013

Crossfit log for Tuesday November 12th

What a horrible day.

Friday massage, Saturday hot bath, Sunday and Monday rest, all add up to incredible potential.

Untapped potential, wasted potential, unused potential.

Started with overhead squats.  What a joke. I've been trying to get an OHS for years and I hadn't tried in while, so with all this recover and fresh muscles today was the day.

Not even close.   3 sets of 3 became 3 failed attempts with an empty bar and calling it quits

Then we had 4 sets front squat + push press for load on 1 min rest followed by one armed kettle bell overhead squats.

Didn't matter what the weight was I couldn't squat while keeping the weight overhead,  my arm would invariable be forced forward.  I walked away after the second set.

As I put my equipment away, while everyone else was happily (more or less) squatting and push pressing, tears welled in my eyes.

I wanted to leave, but I decided to do the workout anyway.

5 rounds of 185# dead lifts 5 reps and bar dips 10 reps. 10 minute cap.  Finished in 9:51.  I was reduced to singles and doubles on the bar dips on the last two rounds. 

At least I finished before the time cap.

I've been adding my old log entries to this blog for a while now, slowly working backwards through time. I had set a goal of getting an OHS by year's end back in 2011 and again last year. 2013 is coming to an end and I suck just as bad as I did 2 years ago.

I was looking forward to putting my year of mobility behind me and starting my year of strength.  But I can't see that happening.  I've booked an appointment with Rob Crispo to see if there is anything I can do. 

I know it's a long journey, and I can't get discouraged.  I've come a long way, but it seems like I still have such a long way to go.

Keep moving forward. That's all I can do. Just do the work. One day, it'll all come together.  Or so I have to keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment