Thursday 9 May 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 9th

So Kiza went this morning and gave me the low down.

12 minutes to determine you 2 rep max in the front squat. Then 5 sets decreasing number of reps (12-10-8-6-5) of back squats starting at 70% increasing weight each set and then Jackie.

So I brought my lifting shoes to the Y and did the strength work.

I built up 3 reps at a time starting at 95# up to 185#, the I did 195# for 2, tough by manageable. So I had a 1:15 left, decided to try 200# (my 1 rep max) and nailed it. Second one was tough, but I got it up.

Back squats I started at 150# and increased by 5# each set. 150#-155#-160#-165#-170#

I wasn't sure I'd do Jackie, since the Y isn't the ideal place for WODs. There's no real pull up bar that is high enough for me to fully extend in the bottom without bending my legs, which makes kipping virtually impossible. In the end I decided to try.

The row I went easy, 4:23 for 1000m
50 thrusters @ 45# I did in sets of 10, was done in 9:15. Pull ups were a disaster. Couldn't string more than 3 together, but I just hammered away finished in 13:35. Meh.. I'll take it.

I think I could've gone faster on the thrusters but I wasn't confident at the Y to just push myself that hard. Oh well. Done is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment