Thursday 30 May 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 30th

Ugh.

Overhead squats.

I worked really hard, got some solid work done, with an empty bar.

I really worked my form. I was solid if my heels were elevated on a 1" 10# plate, but even then it was challenging. Once I'd get one solid on the plates I'd try on the ground and I managed to get one or two but it was really hard.

I have come so far, it's difficult to convey, but I still have so far to go, sometimes it's disheartening.

Thankfully I have the experience of learning to swim for Ironman under my belt and I know that these things can take months and months, even years before I get to the end of it. It'll come.

Then we did heavy dead lifts 5 sets of 5 at 75% of max (so 285# x 0.75 = 213# did 215#).

It was heavy, and I think the hard work on the overhead squats was just too much, my upper glutes just below the pelvic ridge are very unhappy. I wasn't even able to do the WOD, I couldn't clean the 115# bar.

So I did mobility while Kiza worked out and nailed it.

Good work my love.

I think I'll take tomorrow off in anticipation of the Olympic Lifting Coaching course this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment