Friday 3 May 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, May 3rd

50 Burpees, paid in full.

Yesterday I did the strength work at the Y. Well part of it anyway. 5 rep max back squats. Did 5 at 195#, but at 205# I managed only 3 and the last one wasn't fun for my glutes. So decided against the 4 sets of 3 dead lifts at 80% of max (given my new max would have been 225#!!!)

Still a bit sore, but its different, before this same kind of sore would've been in my lower back and would have limited mobility. It seems that in my glutes, I can feel the discomfort in certain positions, but it isn't preventing me from moving, even bearing load.

So this morning I went expecting to go half-assed, but to do what I could. Turns out I had no problem with any of it. Granted it was mostly overhead stuff, but still.

Strength was 4 sets of 1 clean + 4 push press at 65%-70% did 105#

Then 4 sets of 8 strict press did 60#-65#-75#-75#

The WOD was 3 rounds for time
- Run 2 laps 320m
-21 push press 75#
-12 pull ups

Run was a snap
Push press sucked, nailed my chin at the 18th rep of round one. Sucked.
Pull ups were a snap.

13:03

No comments:

Post a Comment