Monday 13 May 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, May 13th

Not so much fun today at the gym. Snatch work.

Although I am capable of doing an overhead squat, with my heels adequately elevated, that is still a far cry from doing a proper snatch. Came pretty close a couple of times, so definitely improved, but still a ways to go.

Workout was short and sweet 10 min cap

50 double unders
40 kettle bell swings 24kg
30 wall balls 20#
20 pistols (did 40 air squats)
10 burpees.

Double unders were very quick, done 50 in 40 seconds,
Blue scaled was only 25 but I made it to 35 unbroken so there was no point stopping there.
Kettle bell swings were too long, 24kg is heavy, I usually do 20kg but clearly this was meant to be heavy (Men's Rx was 32kg!).
Wall balls were okay, 20# is a lot more challenging than the 14# (which I could've used doing blue, but I wanted to do as much Rx as I could) but 30 isn't too many.
Air squats were tiring after the kb swings and wall balls, but pistols are a non-starter for me.
Burpees suck.

8:07

No comments:

Post a Comment