Friday 17 May 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, May 17th

I liked today's workout.

First part
5 rounds of
5 bench press @ 65% of max (115# for me)
5 strict pull ups
8 walking lunges with barbell on shoulders 55# for my group.

We changed the weight on the bench (two out of three of us were at 115# and one was 65#, so we added or removed 25# plates as needed) but kept the same for the lunges, so we chose a fairly light weight.

Part two was clean and push jerk (or split jerk, if you have trouble with the push jerk as I do).

3 rounds of
5 x EMOM 1 clean and jerk @ ~ 70%
1 minute rest to increase the weight

So 15 lifts total. Did first 5 at 115# (probably too light, but that was 70% of my max) next 5 at 135#, harder, should've started there (jumping 20# each round was a bit much), last 5 at 155# 5# shy of my max, which I had to fight to lock out last October, today I did 5 at 155# without struggle.

Feeling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment