Wednesday 9 May 2012

Crossfit log for Wednesday, May 9th

Once again, I was ready to take a break last night. Even this morning when the alarm went off at 5am, I hesitated. I never hesitate. But then I shook it off and rolled out of bed. Then Delilah cried out, she had a nightmare, so I bolted towards her room, but before I was halfway there, she was quiet. She'd resolved it herself (I love her independent streak sometimes). So now I was wide awake and ready to rock and roll.

Good thing too. I PR'd my dead lift today. And didn't lose my back, kept a braced neutral spine up to 245lbs. I am really happy with this. I previous best (235) was done with bad form and a sore back for days. The most I'd ever dead lifted since my epiphany of spine position was 185#. So this is huge.

That being said, I still have a looooong way to go to meet my 2012 goal of double my body weight. I look forward to being in the high 200s. I really look forward to having one of each plate on the bar (45, 35, 25, 15, 10 = 305#) that'll be cool.

WOD was a killer.
The blue had a lot of ring rows and toe to bar, the former I hate, the later I like.

Scaled was 4 rounds of
-10 ring rows,
-20 kb swings,
-10 toe to bar (or something like that), but I chose to do the Rx today.


Rx was 5 rounds:
5 rope climbs, 20 kettle bell swings
4 rope climbs, 20 kettle bell swings
3 rope climbs, 20 kettle bell swings
2 rope climbs, 20 kettle bell swings
1 rope climbs, 20 kettle bell swings

I don't even know what my time was (I'll ask Isabelle), it was really hard, but I'm glad I did it. My shin is bloody from the rope, even with socks on (there was still a scab from last time I did rope climbs when I didn't have socks) so it just got pulled off.

My weight is down under 173#.

Every time I feel tired the night before I end up having an awesome workout. Back at it tomorrow.

ETA: time was 13:16. Not bad at all.


P.S.
There are variations of workouts on the board. Red marker is Rx (prescribed weight/# of reps/exercises) this is for the top guys and gals, Blue is scaled for the masses, Greens is for beginners. I almost always do blue, sometimes women's blue, occasionally women's red, depending on the skills involved.

Sometime the red workout is requires skills that the masses don't have. Like muscle ups, double unders or in this case: rope climb, so alternate exercises that work similar muscle groups are used. So instead of rope climbs with the kettle bell swings, they did ring rows and toes to bar, these work the arms and the core similar to rope climb.

Since I learned to climb a rope, I try to use that skill when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment