Thursday 17 May 2012

Crossfit log for Thursday, May 17th

Interesting morning at Crossfit, the first time I've had one on one coaching since my "on-ramp" sessions.

We tried to get a hold of Kamil, as he was the only registrant for the 6:30 class, if he could make 5:30, we be two and Isabelle, wouldn't have to have a 6:30 class, but alas, he wasn't checking his Facebook at 5am!

We did strict press, and the one-on-one really paid off, I wasn't going heavy, since it was higher rep, 10-8-6-6, and even then I stayed at 65# the whole time, but we really worked my form and body position. It was a break through. By the end it was feeling easier, than the beginning, despite the fatigue, thanks to improved form and position.

The WOD would've been much MUCH better with company. It was a rough one to motivate on your own.

10 min AMRAP
-5 burpee pull ups
-10 one arm kettle bell swings (5 each arm).

The first two rounds I did 10 burpee pull ups, because that was what the "red" workout called for, (10 burpee pull ups, 10 kettle bell snatches). My right shoulder was giving me grief on the snatches, so went heavierbut  just did the swings.

I managed 6 rounds plus 2 burpee pull ups, plus the 10 extra I did the first two rounds. Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment