Friday 4 May 2012

Crossfit log for Friday, May 4th

After my 1 year crossfit-aversary I decide to step things up a bit (in anticipation of the annual Loon Lake All-arounder), so this is my second week of 5 straight days of Crossfit. Actually last week I did 6 days straight since I had gone on the Sunday.

Yesterday evening I was feeling worn out. I thought to myself, maybe next week I'll take it easy.

Then I went to Crossfit this morning. I had one of the best workouts ever.

We jump straight to the WOD again today and it was nasty 10 rounds for time:

kettle bell swings 20kg 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
burpees 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
thrusters 65# 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Men's Rx was 24kg kettle bell and 95# on the thrusters, but there was no way. I figured I would do women's Rx which was 16kg kettle bell and 65# on the bar. But then all the guys were using 20kg bell, so I figured okay, split the difference. One guy was men's Rx, very athletic guy, but relatively new to Crossfit. He dropped the bar to 75# and the kettle bell to 20kg partway through the WOD.

First three rounds were rough, but as the thrusters got harder there were fewer and fewer of them. I don't mind burpees so much if I can just work through them systematically. I find if you use your core and pull your feet as close to your hands as possible it makes it much easier to get up, which is where the biggest energy cost is.

I was done in 14:38. Finished first (a rarity) by 20 seconds. Felt awesome.

Progress. I think I'll aim for one more week of 5 straight, then a week of Mon-Wed-Fri. I like that pattern, 3 @5/week 1@ 3/week

ETA: Post WOD strength work on tired arms :
Stirct Press (Yay! Not!) went with the same bar as the WOD so 65# did 8-6-5-5. Hard but successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment