Tuesday 15 May 2012

Crossfit log for Tuesday, May 15th

Back squats. I kinda expected that. Hadn't done any squats in a while.

4 sets of 5 - 4 - 3 - 3

Did well, not sure what my 1 rep max is, but Kamil had done 185# for 3 reps before. Since we were working together we aimed for that. Planned to get to 185# for the first set of 3, then try for heavier. So warmed up to 135# and did the first working set at 155# x 5, then 165# x 4, so the decision was either 175# then 185#, or jump to 185# and aim for 190# or 195# for the last one.

So we jumped to 185#, and Kamil had to drop the bar on the last one. I wasn't quick enough to get in there an brace him. I made my set then we decided to stay at 185#. We both independently toyed with the idea of going heavier and try for a 1 rep max, but we were running out of time and Kamil wanted another crack at 185# x 3, so that's what we did and we both made it.

The WOD. Rx was doing overhead squats, we all tried but only a few of us had a reasonable overhead squat, so the rest of us did blue, front squat, but heavier.
4 rounds for time:
115# front squat (The board said 95#-135#, so 115# was in the middle) (Rx was overhead squats, 95#)
10 pull ups
20 double unders (Red was 30)

Hardest part was the double unders, and cleaning the bar for the front squats. But I did okay, 7:32
I was always first off the pull up bar but last to finish the damn double unders! But I did manage to string together 12 at one point, a new PR!

Halo secured for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment