Tuesday 8 May 2012

Crossfit log for Tuesday, May 8th

Not bad today. A bit sore still but didn't really affect my workout.

Worked up to comfortable weight on the power clean : 115lbs

WOD was a 5 rounds of :
3 min AMRAP, 3 power cleans, 6 push ups, 9 air squats (over a med ball, butt had to touch)
1 min rest.

Managed 3 full rounds in the 3:00 AMRAP 5 times, for a score of 15
Didn't try for a 4th round, only had between 10 and 20 seconds left on my fastest rounds (round 4 the last squat was at the buzzer), might have gotten a couple of extra cleans in, but they were really rough after the squats.

I was going to go with 95#, but Kamil was doing 115#, so I tried 105#, and it didn't seem much harder than 95#, so I figured I might was well try the 115# (which was the blue scaled for men).

So 15 power cleans at 115# in less than 20 minutes. This tells me I didn't work hard enough on my max clean a couple of weeks ago, if I can do that many power cleans at 115#, there's no way my 1 rep max for a full clean is only 119.8#. I should be able to do 135# if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment