Saturday 3 March 2012

Crossfit log for Saturday, March 3rd: "Grace" before your meal.

Today was the much anticipated pot-luck/WOD at Physics Crossfit.

Friends and family as well as athletes that don't often train together under one roof at the same time.

Paleo food was on the menu, but naturally "Grace" came first.

Grace: 30 Clean and Jerks for time. Rx is 135lbs for men 95# for women. (The scaled version is 105lbs/70lbs).

When Kiza, the kids and I arrived at almost half past eleven, they had just started the first of 6 heats. 27 athletes had signed up to do the WOD.  I wasn't scheduled until the last round, so we spent that time corralling the kids while trying to mingle with the other parents/athletes.

The music was a bit loud for mingling, and for some of the kids. At 10 minutes per round it was looking like the possibility of a melt down was on the rise.  Thankfully I had forgotten the muffins, so Kiza took Delilah home to get them while I stayed with Dex (he had a good morning nap and wouldn't be a problem).

Soon I was up and while Kiza took care of our kids plus one (the son of one of the other athletes in my heat), I was cleaning and jerking. I decided to go with women's Rx (95lbs).  I took my time, one at a time stringing none together, I've hurt my back a few times cleaning (heavier), but never did this many clean and jerks in a row, so I was being cautious. I didn't struggle once to get the bar overhead, although I took nearly a full eight minutes to complete the WOD, I probably could have done 105lbs in similar time.

Then it was time to eat.  The food was delicious, although half the time I had no idea what I was eating. The ham was particularly good, as were the bacon wrapped dates, and the prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Dexter made a fine mess around his booster chair (good thing we brought it), but ate surprisingly well. There are plenty of delicious foods on the paleo diet, that's for sure.

Kiza still isn't sold on the whole Crossfit thing, but she's definitely curious about it. She admits that without having tried it, it's easy to feel a bit intimidated.

Now if we can talk Physics into a family discount of some kind (I'm sure Laura and Shane as well as Mark and Pat would agree)!


No comments:

Post a Comment