Wednesday 7 March 2012

Crossfit log for Wednesday, March 7th: The fear of having nothing meaningful to say

I think that's why all my previous attempts at blogging have failed.

Most if not all of what I post is of interest to no one but myself. I guess that made me feel self conscious.

I guess I've grown up a little, in as much as I don't care anymore.  So without further ado here is my Crossfit workout for this morning.

For strength work we did power clean. I like power clean only because it's the one Olympic lift I am capable of doing without embarrassing myself.

We did 3 rounds of 5 reps in quick succession at about 60% of our maximum weight (also known as our 1 rep max), I don't know my max, so I went with 75# which worked pretty well.

We did one clean from the floor then three from the hang position (bar at waist), then another from the floor for a total of five reps.

I felt good, felt like I had good position (most of the time), but I need to work at getting my elbows up and in front faster. This is important because when you elbows are up, your deltoids are contracted and form a cushioning shelf for the bar to land on instead of you collar bone. I'll have a nice bruise by tomorrow.

The WOD was brutal
12 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of:

5 handstand push ups (did scaled with feet on a 36" box, bent at close as I can get to 90% with a large percentage of my body mass over my hands)
10 pistols (these are essentially one legged squats, did scaled version, down to a seated position on to a 16" box)
10 knees to elbows (hanging from a pull up bar, bring knees up to touch your elbows. This I did Rx, as in without assistance and full range of motion, and did well).

Made 6 rounds + to 6 knees to elbows, so almost 7 rounds.


It was hard, hand stand push ups are essentially a strict shoulder press upside down, which isn't my strongest point even when right side up.  Pistols are rough. At first I was doing 5 on one side then 5 on the other, then it became 3, 3, 2, 2 and by the end it was 1 each side. They are going to make my run this evening very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment