Wednesday 14 March 2012

Crossfit log for Wednesday, March 14th

Very interesting workout today.

16 minutes total on the clock
4 min 4x 1 clean 3 jerks on the minute. 95# bar
4 min 4x 5 box jumps 37" , 5 v-snaps on the minute

8 min max 4 rounds of
6 burpees
9 toe to bar (got em!)
12 prisoner squats (hands behind head)
15 kb swings 16kg

Got to the burpees of round 4.

Rx for the box jumps was 42", which I've never tried. I set it up and tried jumping without landing, to see if I could get my feet high enough. No way, that kind of height you need to build up to. So I chopped a few inches off and was able to just get on top but not extend to standing. So I chopped off another few inches and settles on 37", it actually got easier as we went along, once my mind and boy sorted out the mechanics of the movement and my mind got over the fear. I need to try and work up gradually and see just how high I can go.

Toe to bar really slowed me down, doing knees to elbows is easier for one, but that extra kick to get the toes to the bar starts you swinging which is hard to recover from. It's a skill, I'll figure it out in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment