Monday 9 September 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, September 9th

Blargh!

Today was lifting competition day. 6 lifts. 3 snatch, 3 clean and jerk. Using something called the Sinclair coefficient to better compare results, it takes into account bodyweight to put everyone on a level playing field. Not to my advantage since I'm fairly heavy but not very strong. Also points will be allocated for technique and the number of successful lifts.

Most people had been ratcheting up of the past few week leading up to today, but I hadn't really.

First half of the class, warm up to 3 heavy snatches in the 95% - 105% of max

Did my first lift at 115#, it was okay, second was 125#, hope to go for a PR of 135#, but I missed at 125#, so my 3rd was at 125# again, and just barely made it. I won't get any style points for sure.

Second half was clean and jerk, warmed up to start at 165#.

Landed it quite well, but it felt heavy. Again I was going to do my second at current PR and try for 180# for my third. Coach convinced me to add a couple of 1.25# plates to make it a PR at 178#, but both attempts failed. Would I have made 175#? I'm not sure, but I don't think I would have, it just wasn't there today.

Feeling kinda bummed. But I have to remember that every race can't be a great race, it takes the bad ones to appreciate the good ones. Lessons learned in running still apply. Thankfully.

Besides, this is the year of mobility and I still have lots to do, and not a lot of weeks left in 2013!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment