Thursday 5 September 2013

Crossfit log for Thursday, September 5th

Interesting workout.

We started with a "power clean ladder" so 5 bars were setup 135#, 155#, 185#, 205# and we didn't bother setting up the 225# (the girls were: 85#, 95#, 105#, 115#, 125#), you had 1 minute to do as may reps as possible of power clean at the first bar, move to the next bar, 1 minute rest, 1 minute AMRAP.

Power clean is pulling the bar from the floor and hiking it up to the shoulders in a front rack position like a front squat, but "power" means you catch it high, the hips have to be above the knees. This requires more "power" to launch the bar high enough to catch so high (unlike a squat clean that you catch in a deep squat and you don't have to pull it nearly as high).

I'm in that sad place were the women's weight would be too easy, but the men's weight is beyond my ability. My PR is 155#, so I did what I could, I got 8 reps at 135# then managed to get 4 at 155# (I'm definitely ready to establish a new PR on the power clean).

The other guys were all able to get a couple at 185# and at least 1 at 205#, we ended up quickly setting up the 225#, 2 guys tried but couldn't manage to catch it. (Later today the "big boys" will get some big numbers on this workout.

The WOD was a sprint/thrusters combo.
5 rounds
5 thrusters @ 105#
3 shuttle sprints (the the next building and back = 1) about 25m each way. So 150m per round.

Finished in 8:33. Wasn't bad, I'm not great at thrusters, but I'm still happy with my result.

No comments:

Post a Comment