Tuesday 24 September 2013

Crossfit log for Tuesday, September 24th

Didn't have as great a day as yesterday.

Did 1 clean + 4 push press at 65% of C&J, too heavy. Should've been 115# or 120# but did 125#, bad math and faulty memory from last weeks 60% effort on this same drill.  Plus Tom, the guy I was working with has a slightly higer 1 rep max clean and jerk, so it was more his weight than mine.

Then we did 4 sets 5 weighted strict pull ups super set with 50 (scaled was 20) unbroken double unders. Did body weight for the pull ups and had no problem, which means next time I'll have to add some weight I guess.

For the double unders I got 46 the first round and coach said if you are capable of doing the 50 and you get close, you don't have to start over, just do the balance. My PR is 50, and since I was over 20 rep scaled target I took the 46 and added 4 more. Next set I did 50 unbroken! Woot. Coach was like "why did you stop" you could've had a new PR. Hmm... hadn't thought of that. Oh well. The next set was a disaster, got 14, so I started over and got 17. Now I'm like "come on, gotta get at least 20", third try I got to 20 and stopped there (51 total). Last set I muffed at 39 and called it quits.

WOD was a short 8min AMRAP:
2, 4, 6, 8, 10, ... reps of
Thrusters 95#
Pull ups
Handstand push ups.

Everything was hard. Thrusters were rough, pull ups were rough, handstand push ups were really rough. My wrist is a bit sore right in the little indent on the back of your hand at the base of the index and middle finger, right in the gap between the scaphoid bone and trapezoid bone. Just made everything harder than it should've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment