Wednesday 4 September 2013

Crossfit log for Wednesday, September 4th

Strength work today was split jerk from the rack. Work up to 3 heavy singles.

Ended up doing 155# for 3 sets of 1. They need to be faster, but I was able to lock them out. Would've liked to go heavier but that was 85% of my 1 rep max, so I should be content with that.

WOD was good. Played to my strengths
500m row
followed by 3 rounds of
8 dips on rings or on bars (did bars)
1 rope climb
7 shoulder to overhead. 105#

Went pretty hard on the row, finished in just under 1:50, and thankfully I'm strong on the dips, did my 8 unbroken. I was still winded from the row, so I took a few breaths before my rope climb. I'm good at rope climb. Shoulder to over head, not so much. I didn't put the bar down, but I rested in the front rack a bit too much. After another 8 unbroken dips I was starting to recover from being completely out of breath. Rope climb was a quick affair, this time I pumped out 5 push press in a row, really wanted to drop the bar, but I didn't want to have to clean it back up again, so I rested a few seconds in the front rack and did the last two reps. for round 2.

Round three was rough, arms were toast by now, had to break up the dips, 4 and 4, last rep was a struggle. Rope climb was okay. For the push press, I did 4 then dropped it, took a few seconds and cleaned for 3 more and I was done. 8:15

Beat Kamil by 5 seconds and Adam by nearly a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment