Monday 16 September 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, September 16th

So the first 36 hours of Kiza's business trip have been not too shabby. We all miss her terribly, but the kids were bathed, went to bed on time (to bed mind you, not to sleep), we had an uneventful morning and everyone arrived at their destinations this morning pretty much the same time as usual, fed, with hair done and lunches made.

The only real piece missing from the usual puzzle is no Crossfit for me this morning. I asked fellow athletes what the workout was, and if it was doable, I go to the Y at lunch and do it on my own.

Turns out it was doable.

Strength was 4 sets of 5 power snatch @ 55% of max (did 65#) and 4 sets of 5 power cleans at 55% of max (did 95#)

WOD was Grace + 10 pull ups every 10 clean and jerks.
So really 3 rounds for time:
10 clean and jerk (105#, Rx was 135#)
10 pull ups

It's been hard for me to get a consistent Grace time since I've used varying weights and had various caps put in place so I would be within 2 or 3 reps of finishing when time ran out.
Most recently I've done Grace at 115# with an 8:00 cap and made it to 28 reps
I did just over 7:00 at 95# back in April
I've done 27 reps in 10:00 @ 105# a year ago, in Sept. 2012.

So I was pretty happy with a 9:20, for Grace at 105# + 30 pull ups. First round was done in 2:25, second ended at just over 6:00 and 9:20 finish means the last two rounds were similar time and about 1 min slower than round 1.

The last round I hurried because someone wanted to use the squat rack was using so I definitely turned it on more than I would have otherwise. Even if Adam had been there today, I wouldn't have made him do clean and jerks, so it turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment