Wednesday 7 August 2013

Crossfit log for July 31st to August 6th

Alrighty. Recap the last two weeks vacation. Wasn't completely idle.

Tuesday the 30th was packing day and Wednesday was travel day (18 hours in the car, ugh). Thrusday was unpacking and visiting day, by Friday the 2nd we were itching to get active.

I brought my barbell and bumper plates (an extra 220lbs) along for the trip, even though we only did 2 workouts, I'm glad I brought them.

Aug. 2nd I came up with this workout:
3 rounds for time
5 cleans
run 200m
10 burpees
15 air squats.

Should have made it 5 rounds. It took us (Me, Kiza and Kiza's sister Brittany) around 10 minutes each to finish. 3 rounds just wasn't enough.

Then on Aug. 3rd I came up with this:

3 rounds for time:
30 shoulder to overhead 60# for me, 55# for IG, 45# for her sister.
30 box jumps
30 walking lunges 35#, 10# for the girls
30 sit ups
30 push ups.

Sprint around the driveway between stations. This was supposed to be with a log on your shoulder, but a couple of cars parked in the driveway after I planned it, and the path was too tight; we didn't want to risk damaging one of the cars.

Took us around 20 minutes for this one.

I took a good chunk out of my shin in the first round of box jumps.

Then it was the annual sports weekend at Loon lake which was total mayhem. On Monday Kiza did the "all arounder" and I played volleyball (our team won, and I was awarded best spiker, woot!)
Tuesday we were idle and in visiting mode, Wednesday was more visiting and packing.
Thursday and Friday were travel days (we stopped in Sudbury overnight).

And that is all she wrote.

Planning workouts is harder than I thought. I tend to err on the side of too easy rather than risk making them too hard, but I guess with experience you get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment