Friday 30 August 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, August 30th

Slept in this morning. Really needed it. Up at just before 7 instead of 5am!

Got the workout from a friend, did it at the Y

Strength work was super sets of:
A1 Strict pull ups 3-5
A2 AMRAP kipping pull ups
Rest 60 sec
B1 close grip bench press 5 reps
B2 AMRAP ring pushups or pushups
Rest 60 sec

3 rounds

A2 was 12, 10 and 9 (likely more if I'd been at the gym with a proper bar and the guys pushing me)
B2 was 10, 7, 6 push ups suck.

For the WOD, it was teams of 2 so I recruited Adam, my Y Crossfit wannabe. He seems to really enjoy the workouts I throw at him.

3 rounds
30 alternating burpee on plate
60 Double Unders
16 squat cleans

Alternating burpees was the easiest part.
I did double unders, he did singles, we broke them in to 3 sets so I'd do 10 double unders and he'd do 30 singles.

The cleans were supposed to be heavier but he's a novice, so we worked through technique up to 85# and went with that instead of the 115# the scaled version called for.

It was still hard. Lunges in my glutes made the 85# cleans hard enough, and burpees are burpees.

Took us 14:29, and we were both sweating bullets by the end. So good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment