Friday 1 February 2013

Crossfit log for Friday, February 1st

Finally a good workout. Seems like it's been a long long time.

We did bench press, which we hadn't done in a while. I am so weak, it's not funny. There's a running joke in Crossfit: somewhere, someone is warming up with your one rep max. Well today that pretty much happened in my face. We have some really strong guys.

Strength was 5 set of 5 reps increasing.
Did 95# - 135# - 155# (4) and stopped. I tried 185# for 1 rep, couldn't do it.

The WOD was a chipper
Row 500m
40 kettle bell snatches (16kg 20 each arm)
40 ring dips/bar dips
50 wall balls 14# med ball
75 ball slams 16# slam ball

Because we only have 3 rowers we started at different spots, I started at the wall balls, and finished in a stellar 16 minutes. I got cheer on those who hadn't finished, and noted that they normally finish before me. The dips were rough, and I have pretty good kipping technique, so yeah, that could've slowed them down, plus if they were doing Rx it was heavier kettle bells and med ball, plus it was 50 dips instead of 40. But they still had a lot to go.... hmmm so I looked at the board and realized, I totally skipped the 500m row!

I ran over and did a quick 500m (since I was well rested)!! Time was 22 min and change (with a 4:00 rest!) Oh well. Still felt awesome for once! Two days off, and back at it on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment