Monday 11 February 2013

Crossfit log for Monday, February 11th

Not a fun morning at Crossfit.

Snatch balance. Ugh.

The point is to but the bar across you traps like a back squat, with a wide grip like a snatch, stand up tall on your toes and then make like a trap door was opened under you and collapse in to an overhead squat. Essentially practising the catch of a snatch. Since I can't actually do an over head squat or a snatch, it made for a frustrating 15 minutes.

I ended up doing split snatch balance (which I don't think actually exists), and was happy with that.

Front squat to clean and jerk 1 rep max weight. 2 sets of 3. Did okay here, 1 set at 155#, 1 set at 160# after a few warm up sets.

WOD was death by clean and jerk
men's blue was 115#
first minute 1 c&j + rest
second minute 2 c&j + less rest
etc, etc...

Round 5 was already getting close, but the last one I smashed the bar into my chin on the way up of the jerk, there was not way to recover and make round 6, so I bailed.

All in all, not a very successful day, but it's better than nothing. Need to make an appointment with the physio.

No comments:

Post a Comment