Wednesday 27 February 2013

Crossfit log for Wednesday, February 27th

Needed a good workout and behold, I had one.

WOD Wednesday had skill work. Snatch pull, basically pulling the bar for a snatch, but up to chest height only.

WOD was 10 rounds with a 10 minute cap.
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of
- pull ups
- power jerk (aka push jerk) 75#

I decided to go light and went with 75# (which was green scaled weight, blue was 95#, red was 135#) I'm really glad I did.

I think my mobility work is starting to pay off, my power jerk actually looked like a power jerk. Granted at 75# that's a lot easier to do than at 95# or 135#!

The first round I somehow managed to master the butterfly kip for like 7 consecutive pull ups and then 3 more to finish very quickly. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRFmwhK6LAs)

Subsequent rounds I was able to pull off 4 or 5 in a row, but eventually went back to the regular kipping pull up.

Had to hustle at the end, running between the pull up bar and my bar bell, finished with 0:03 seconds left on the clock!

Cashed out with 30 ab mat sit ups. Felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment