Tuesday 31 July 2012

Crossfit log for Tuesday, July 31st

Rough day. Last day before vacation. I think I'm due for a break. A lot of progress and PR's over the past few weeks but it's taking its toll.

Shoulder press for strength work. 3 sets of 10.
-first set was 65lbs. Hard but doable.
-second set was 75lbs, succumbed to peer pressure.
-third set at 75lbs made it to 5 and I was done.

Should have stayed at 65lbs. Oh well.

WOD was a slugfest.
Called the "Quarter gone bad" (same idea as "Fight Gone Bad", but fewer exercises, but more rounds)

5 rounds for reps
15 seconds - thrusters 95#
45 seconds rest
15 seconds - weighted pull ups
45 seconds rest
15 seconds - burpees
45 seconds rest

Couldn't get the thrusters going. only managed 3 per round (except round 1, the clock started and I wasn't at my station).
Can't kip very well with dumb bell between my feet, so this was rough.
Burpees are burpees, they just suck. Managed 6 each time. Tried for seven, last 3 rounds, couldn't get it.

Total score 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment