Thursday 5 July 2012

Crossfit log for Thursday, July 5th

Today we worked on snatch. Not my strong suit, but I did okay. My lift and transition are really good, but the catch is worthless. Upper thoracic and shoulder mobility issues again.

Although it was clearly better than ever before, there is still a long way to go. I think I might see about at least talking to a physio therapist, maybe get some kind of assessment done.

The WOD was designed with me in mind.

4 rounds of
- run 400m (more like 340m, but whatever)
-15 burpees

So kinda like a burpee mile instead of a beer mile. My beer mile was faster despite the run being shorter. I guess it takes me longer to do 15 burpees than to drink a beer!

One of the few times I've finished first.


My shoulder and upper thoracic mobility is still very poor, even after over a year of Crossfit. I can't help thinking there must be some specific stretches or exercises that would help.

I improved my hip mobility by holding deep squats for a long time on a regular basis and doing the "couch stretch" on my hip flexor and quad for what seemed like weeks and weeks. My mobility in my hips is night and day compared to last year. My shoulders are still pretty much the same.

It's one of the last things holding me back from what I expect to be some dramatic improvements. Kinda the last piece of the puzzle if you wish. I gotta DO something. It ain't taking care of itself, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment