Wednesday 23 November 2011

Crossfit log for Wednesday, November 23rd

Cindy is another one of those WODs I've been looking forward to doing, ever since I learned to do the kipping pull-up.

Finally got my chance today. Cindy is a 20 AMRAP: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats.

Almost made it to 12: 11 + 10 squats.

My limiter was the push-ups. I think it's because I have a bunch of knots in my upper lats near the shoulder, in my delts and my traps again near the shoulder, not to mention my ticeps, tight pecs and biceps. Essentially I'm a mess.

Needless to say I'll be doing some mobility work at the gym at lunch.

After the WOD I did something called a Landmine bar twist, tabata (8 rounds of 20 seconds all out, 10 seconds rest, so 4 minutes).

Basically holding one end of a 45# barbell with the other end anchored to a pivot point on the floor, you rotate your body keeping your arms straight, bringing the bar to waist height on one side, than back up to the start position, and down the other side. Good core workout.

Feels good to get a solid workout done.

No comments:

Post a Comment