Saturday 19 November 2011

Crossfit log for Saturday, November 19th

Today we had a choice to make. We could either do Jackie, or we could do Fran. It was an individual choice, not a group one. Two people opted for Jackie, since there were only 2 rowers, I figured it would make sense to just do Fran.

Jackie is row 1000m, 50 thrusters @ 45#, 30 pull-ups, the thrusters are light, but rough after the row, and 30 pull-ups is 30 pull-ups.

Fran is three rounds, 21, 15 and 9 reps of 95# thrusters and pull-ups, so a total of 45 each, but the thrusters are heavier and they are broken up.

I've done Jackie before in 15:09, at prescribed weight and unassisted pull-ups, but I can't to 95# thrusters and have to scale it to 75# (which took me 9:44).

I decided to try and do Fran at 85#, 10# closer to Rx.

It was rough. Took me 13 and half minutes. The pull-ups were fine, but man that 10# more make a big difference.

Some that were lighter weight and assisted pull-ups were close to 6:00 and Francois said they needed to up the weight and us less assistive bands. So I think that's my plan. I'll go back to 75# until I can go sub 7:00 or sub 6:30 before I increase the weight again.

So at the very least, I got a good plan out of today's workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment