Monday 14 November 2011

Crossfit log for Monday, Novermber 14th

Good workout today.

The "scaled" workout called for 5 rounds of 5 x 225# (for men, 135# for women) dead lifts and 30 x double unders.

I can't dead lift 225 twenty five times, so I scaled it further to 165#.

I started out trying to do double unders, but got frustrated and did the alternate (tuck jumps) which also suck, but don't require as much skill.

Finished in 9:27

We did weighted planks, that was interesting. I know there's been some controversy about them, but even the 10# plates are 18 inches in diameter to the weight is distributed away from the lumbar spine.

We did 3 sets of 1 minute each. The first one we did with no weight, then I tried with 20# and that went well, the next one I put on 35# (to match Laura, mother of 1 year old twins who I wasn't about to let go heavier than me!) it was tough, Felt it mostly in my shoulder, trying to hold a hollow body position. I don't love them. I think hollow rocks and event regular sit ups give a better abs workout than planks.

No comments:

Post a Comment