Monday 7 November 2011

Crossfit log for Monday, November 7th

Rough morning at Crossfit.

We did strict shoulder press and it sucked. I was able to do 12 the first round, but was doing them wrong. Bad back position, bad rack position, not finishing with an externally rotated shoulder, etc...

When I did them properly I couldn't get past 7 reps. And that was only 65#! Was supposed to do 12-12-12-10-8 getting heavier on the last two.

Next time, just the bar, and focus on technique. It's not like in a WOD where intensity is important, the strength portion is about just that, strength; and technique.


The WOD was brutal:
10 rounds (yes that is a one and a zero - ten)
5 burpees
10 Kettle bell swings (16kg)
15 toe to bar (ended up doing knee to elbow, because toe to bar is really really hard).

The first two rounds, trying to get my toes to the bar took a lot out of me. Made the rest of the rounds worse.

25:03

Longest WOD ever! (well not really, but it seemed that way while I was doing it).

No comments:

Post a Comment