Thursday 28 July 2016

Crossfit log for Thursday, July 28th

That was hard.

So the schedule had a 10 minute EMOM of 2 pause squats at 70% of max followed by a heavy set of 8 reps. 

Planned 215# for the EMOM and 245# for set of 8.  We just did 8 rep max and I hit 255# so 10# less should be fine right.

Wrong.  After 10 sets of pause squats my legs were smoked.  I was lucky to make 8 with the 215# from the pause squats.  Even walking it back to the rack was dicey!

Which didn't help the WOD at all.

Partner WOD with Vero.  Women's Rx all the way!

3 round for time of:
- 60 partner wall balls  14#
- 20 partner dead lifts 235#
- 200m partner run with tether.

She ran me into the ground.

First round was actually okay.  We went unbroken.   Decided to break the deadlifts in 2 sets of 10 for round two.

My hams were smoked at this point and I had to drop the second set of 10 at 5. So we did 10, 5, 5.

Revised plan for deadlifts 4 sets of 5.  Run sucked.  No legs left.

Wall balls were unbroken, last round of dead lifts, breaking up didn't help ended up being 5, 5, 5, 3, 2.  Without hams, my back started picking up the slack and that's never good.

Run was the worst,  Vero wouldn't let me stop. 

We were 14:30ish  not sure.  I must have writhed around on the floor for 10 minutes!  The next class was looking a bit worried. 

Glad that's over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment