Wednesday 10 August 2016

Crossfit log for Wednesday, August 10th

Well that was a longer break than I had wanted. 

Yesterday I went to the Y to do my physio homework (negelected while on vacation) and found with the break I was a bit more mobile than usual. Bonus.

I also need to lift something, so I did 3 sets of 8 back squats at 185# (after a couple of warm up sets at 45#, 95# and 135#). Felt it a bit in my quads this morning.

Naturally, we had back squats today.

Warm up was 50 double unders + 5 strict pull ups. Tried a drill for the DU with a band around my arms at the elbows to keep my arms from going wide, which may explain my constant missing at around rep 9 or 10.

After about 10 attempts at stringing 2 together I took the damn thing off and threw it across the room and pumped out 50 unbroken. Then 41 + 9 and another 50 unbroken.

So I guess technically it worked.


Then we did the new dynamic stretching drill that have been added in my absence.  (yay, welcome back, not).

Frankenstein walk, straight legs, straight arms overhead, touch opposite hand to toes each step for 25' and back. Then squeeze knee to chest, and drop it down into a lunch with hands overhead stretch. Then inchworm, hand walk to extend, do a push up, feet walk to flex, legs straight, repeat 25'.  Then pistol walk: cross legged sit to parallel with foot on opposite knee, alternate for 25'.   Finally shoulder stretch on wall.

Then the work started.

10 minute EMOM of 6 power snatch. Might have succeeded at 75#, but hedged my bets and stuck with 65#.  Form held, heart was racing.  So good I guess.

Then 6 rounds of snatch balance.  4-4-2-2-2-2

This is the second time I've done these, since I've been able to actually do them.  It went well until the last set. 

Did 45#, 55#, 65#, 75#, 85#, 95#(x)

75# was the best set.  85# was okay, 95# ran out of shoulders. 

After that came the back squats.  3 sets of 15 reps at 60%, I did 155#, should have done 165#, but was glad for my maths error.  We alternated these with 3 sets of 12 dumbbell bench press (of which I only did 2 sets with 30# dumbbells).

Legs will be toast tomorrow and Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment